Last updated: May 24, 2018
Withdraw Your Consent at Any Time
If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of CareerShift, you will need to delete, and block or disable cookies via your browser settings; see below for more information on how to do this. Please note that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of CareerShift, and may prevent you from being able to access certain features on CareerShift.
What Is a Cookie?
First and third-party cookies: whether a cookie is 'first' or 'third' party refers to the domain placing the cookie.
- First-party cookies are those set by a website that is being visited by the user at the time (e.g., cookies placed by https://www.careershift.com).
- Third-party cookies are cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the website being visited by the user. If a user visits a website and another entity sets a cookie through that website, this would be a third-party cookie.
Persistent cookies: these cookies remain on a user’s device for the period of time specified in the cookie. They are activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
Session cookies: these cookies allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Session cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
How to Delete and Block our Cookies
Changing your Cookie Settings. The browser settings for changing your cookies settings are usually found in the 'options' or 'preferences' menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the 'Help' option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
More information. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
What Cookies Do We Use and Why?
The cookies we may use on CareerShift may be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary
Some cookies may fulfill more than one of these purposes.
'Strictly Necessary' cookies let you move around CareerShift and use essential features like secure areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide the requested services.
We use these Strictly Necessary cookies to:
- Identify you as being logged in to CareerShift and to authenticate you
- Make sure you connect to the right service on CareerShift when we make any changes to the way it works
- For security purposes
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using CareerShift, so if you prevent these cookies we can't guarantee how CareerShift or the security on CareerShift will perform during your visit.
'Performance' cookies collect information about how you use CareerShift e.g. which pages you visit, and if you experience any errors. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and are only used to help us improve how CareerShift works, understand the interests of our users, and measure the effectiveness of our application.
We use performance cookies to:
- Carry out web analytics: Provide statistics on how CareerShift is used
- Perform sponsor tracking: Provide feedback to affiliated entities that sponsor accounts on CareerShift, paid for by the affiliate sponsor on behalf of the user
- Obtain data on the number of users of CareerShift that have viewed a page or used a product or service
- Help us improve CareerShift by measuring any errors that occur
- Test different designs for CareerShift
- Detect fraudulent or other activity that otherwise violates CareerShift’s Terms and Conditions
Some of our performance cookies are managed for us by third parties.
'Functionality' cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit.
We use 'Functionality' cookies for such purposes as:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout, preferences and navigational state
- Remember if you’ve dismissed any alerts, modal dialogs, tours or automatic help and tips
- Remember if you have engaged with a particular component or page on CareerShift so that first-time visitor actions won’t repeat
- Show you when you're logged in to CareerShift
- To provide and show embedded video content
Some of these cookies are managed for us by third parties.
Additional Information about Analytics
Third Party Analytics
Google has developed the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on; if you want to opt out of Google Analytics, you can download and install the add-on for your web browser here.
Please note that on CareerShift, Google Analytics code is supplemented by
to ensure an anonymized collection of IP addresses (so called IP-masking).
More Information about Cookies
International Chamber of Commerce United Kingdom
Information on the ICC (UK) UK cookie guide can be found on the ICC website:
13827 Tortuga Point Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32225